Monday, February 21, 2005

Technolgia

I bought a flat screen monitor, and it arrived today. Well, my bestest friend in the whole wide world bought it for me, since I am afraid of E-bay. A check and a pat on the back are on the way. So, what am I going to do with a 17 inch flat screen monitor?

Play games on it.

I have an already malfunctiong laptop and I need no second screen for it. Poor Daniel is good enough for me for now, if he doesn't die during the fan-replacectomy operation he will undergo on an undisclosed date in the future.

I bought a box from Startech that can convert the signal from my PS2 into something recognisable by a computer monitor. Then, I hooked it all up, and not I have an over sized monitor sitting in my comfy chair and lording over a MASS of cords on the floor. And, with all that effort and all this mess, I can finally play video games in my room *and drive my roommate nuts.*

This goes to show you how anti-TV I am. I think they should all be smashed. If you really want to hear a funny anecdote about getting rid of a TV, look up Bill Holm. He has a good piece on getting rid of his, and I would quote it but its too long, and I don't have the source in front of me either. Yes, the magic talking box is evil. So are computers and video games, but lets not talk about that right now. I have avoiding purchasing an evil talking box, and now can hook up lots of things to my video display -having fun and NOT doing homework. Well, getting my priorities straight will have to come at a later date.

3 Squibs:

Blogger Jon said...

How much did you pay for all that? $80 for the adapter, right? And how much for the LCD? You do know they sell handy-dandy LCD screens that clip onto your PS2 and hook right in for about $120, right?

2/21/2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Wow that's cool. I wish i could play play station more often but now that my PS2 source has a girlfrined i don't have anything.

2/22/2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger J said...

A flat screen sounds nice. Have fun with your playstation It should be fun

2/22/2005 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home