Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Going Home!

I’m leaving today, and taking a quick jaunt back home. It’s my birthday tomorrow, and I don’t relish the idea of spending it in the dorms. Too much drama, and besides –they might decorate my room or something. Thankfully, my Essays class has been cancelled for the day. I’m just assuming that in Spanish we will be rather unproductive just like yesterday, and last week, and the week before and the week before that. I’d listen to the guy talk, in his baby-Spanish toned down for us children. I’d mingle with kids who’s Spanish is mingled with “I don’t know what’s going on” and “I hate this” while ‘practicing my conversational skills.’ Right. I’ll learn more Spanish just going home for the day!

So I’ve worn my dress clothes today. Going to class prepared, but not for class –I’m waiting in readiness for my not-so-grand exit. All I’ve got to do is get the car started –UGH! Get my bag ready, and actually find the park and ride up in the cities. Oh, and get to the airport in time –that’s always important too! Then home I’d be! homE! hoME! hOME! HOME!

I have an 8 am class Friday morning. Then I’ll have a retreat on the weekend. And another 8 am class Monday morning. Busy busy busy! But somewhere in there, I’ll be in that special place. A vacation. At home.

It’s nice being a pilot’s kid!

2 Squibs:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, and have a safe trip.
Jon's Mom

2/23/2005 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and have lots of fun. Miss you!
-Caro

2/23/2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home