Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A New Friend

I made a new friend last night. I was sitting at dinner with the friend of a friend, and I said: "Elledge is incomptetent." Her face lit up, and she beamed at me. "I like you," she said. Apparently, she too has classroom experience with the most un-religious man with the worst teaching style that I have yet encountered in the religion department. Can we say that, for the first time, something good is coming out of his class if I am improving my social life?

The quiz today... weird. I have never seen the man give a 7 question quiz! I also am captivated by the potential for cheating as he says "grade youself." Then we spent a whole heck of a lot of time on the Q source dude. I think Elledge has a penchant for" source and author studies" when it comes to the Bible. That would explain the tendancy of his to exclude major parts of the Bible that he doesn't seem to like or care about. On that vein- I am surprised we covered Mark while skipping Matthew. And why did we not go over Luke- another dude involved in the Two Source Theory?

1 Squibs:

Blogger The Village Idiot said...

The greatest part is that my new friend isn't even in the same class as I. She is taking something about the Apostle Paul and I am in an introductory bible course. Students unite across the disciplines!

12/01/2004 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home