Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Excerpts and Blobs

I have lots of little things to say.

  • Hooray for a Job! I picked up 2 extra shifts this week. ~Somehow, this seems reminiscent of my entry into the Noodles world… With the excellent 4 hour shifts that I have been offered this month, three of which I knock off this week, I am all set for 16 hours this week. That’s as much as I accumulate in 3 standard workweeks!!! So, after working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, of this week, I will rest happy, keep myself busy, earn money, and be all worn out, tired enough to plop down to my research paper without the energy for complaints and procrastination of which habitually disrupt my productivity.
  • Studded Snow Tires are illegal in Minnesota, so I’m told. I know for a fact that you can’t buy them anywhere in the state. In choosing between breaking the law and saving my life on an icy road, I’d go with breaking the law. Besides, it will stimulate the economy if my tires tear up the road and they need to hire more people to repave it. The roads here are in such pathetic condition, they won’t notice more damage anyways!
  • Research Paper – due in 9 days! I have a few sources… not that I dislike this paper, per say, I just am not motivated for it. My topic is Barcelona and their maritime practices in the Middle Ages. Does anyone know anyone who specializes in this kind of stuff who has a similar writing style to that in which I ramble? I’m not a cheater… Simply put: I think others could benefit from this assignment more than I. I’m not arrogant… Easily stated: I am a very confidant slacker.
  • I have discovered that I like Petrarch. Though I may not agree with the principles of the Renaissance or of Humanism, his writing style appeals to me, that is, after it has been translated from Latin to English. Kind of reminds me of Michel de Montaigne… insightful, direct, and unpresumptuous.
  • I had a GREAT time in Denver over Thanksgiving! I wish I were back. Now I’m homesick, lonely, lost, and apathetic. It doesn’t help that they’ve already got at least a foot of snow more than what Minnesota has received this year! Best snowboarding season on record –and I’m stuck in a pigsty of liberal maladroits participating in the biggest educational rip-off of the 21st century with no snow, no mountains, and no legal snow tires. Welcome to purgatory. I’m atoning for the sin of leaving Colorful Colorado with a four-year sentence.

1 Squibs:

Blogger Val said...

Talk to ANdy about your paper. he's having alot of trouble with his geology or geogrphy class (he says something different everytime.) mr watson gave us a huge paper and two novels all due in 1 week. and i worked sta night so i didn't have homework time and i have to work tuesday night too. the parade of lights were cool though.

12/06/2004 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home