Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Shin Splints, Shoes, and Speed Walkers

I need to find a college that will not give me shin splints as I walk around campus.

Or maybe I just need a new pair of shoes.

I'll go with the college thing. Transferring is a lot less embarrassing than being seen in a shoe store. If shopping were meant to be fun, everyone would wear the exact same clothes and we'd all be ordering them from a catalog.

Seriously though, if my legs keep hurting this much, they're gonna be hurting when I'm not even on my feet. I remember well from the time I used steel-toed work shoes for the entire hockey preseason during dry land practices how miserable it feels.

Of course, if I were taller I wouldn't be having this problem. My legs only hurt when I walk to and from classes and try to keep up with the group I'm walking with. Minnesotans walk extremely fast! I think it's instinctive of people who are always tring to get inside to escape cold temperatures. A longer stride would require less effort. Or I could just walk at my own pace. Then I'd have to walk on the grass to avoid being run over. Hey, I've always been told that I walk to the beat of my own drum and that I never walk the beaten path. I should take those metaphorically intended words to heart!

1 Squibs:

Blogger Val said...

that's ok walking slower has never been a problem. i always end up walking faster than everyone

11/20/2004 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home