Friday, January 07, 2005

Recess: School's Out?

Not really. I don't get recess anymore and school just started. As a matter of fact, it’s been in session for a whole week (as of class that I will attend at 10:30 this morning...) and, lets just say that I would much rather be at home. Christmas break was WAY WAY WAY too short. I didn't get to see anyone from high school, didn't get to sleep in enough, or get to work enough, or go snowboarding enough... the saga continues.

And now here I am, taking one class that meets for 2 hours every day on C.S. Lewis until the end of January. The guy wrote a lot of books, you know, and we are reading most of them. Free time? What free time? Everyone else may have unlimited time to watch movies, go play walleyball, or make a dent in that keg that was delivered to their room last Sunday, but I will be reading. Right up my alley! *Its also a convenient excuse to get rid of those incredibly social people who keep stopping by -I am either reading or sleeping, and thus never answer my door*

I think I rather like this J-term system. If only it was all the time. I do think I like the block schedule of Colorado College... If you take a science or math course, it will be over soon and thus the torture easily forgotten, and if you have an English class, you can be in heaven for a few blessed weeks. Too bad they don't have a Denver campus! So, now its naptime again. Then I will wake, go to class, read the second half of Perelandra, start reading That Hideous Strength and take another nap, before I play walleyball and then go to work, come back, read some more and take yet another nap.