Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Personal Vendetta Against Hairdryers!

The paper thin walls of a dorm are no place for hairdryers. There's no place for hairdryers really, but people use them and it can't be avoided. I maintain, however, that there is no place for hairdryers in a dorm, much less a girls dorm, where people are trying to sleep at 7 a.m.

First damn day of class and I wake up to hear a hairdryer blowing away in the bathroom down the hall. First damn day back! What the heck are these girls thinking. Half the people on this floor don't have to be up for an 8 a.m. class. Just because I do doesn't mean that I am motivated enough to get up at 6 to take a shower and blow dry my hair!!!! Have some respect people! Go dry your hair in your room! If it wakes your roommate up, maybe you should shower before you go to bed, and blow dry your hair when everyone is up and no one is around! Gee! What an idea.

Tomorrow, I think I shall go flip the circuit breaker for the outlets in the bathroom. I'll leave the lights on, but no one will be able to plug in their noisemaking hot air guns. Then, everyone else will be able to sleep peacefully AND I'll be able to lie in bed, hit snooze, and eventually get dressed without the irritating whine of some poor girl who just can't shower every other night instead of each and every blessed morning!

Oh, and they took the 2-ply toilet paper out of the bathroom too! We were spoiled, man! It wasn't Charmin, and it wasn't fluffy, but it was twice as good as the stuff we've got now!

2 Squibs:

Blogger Paul said...

I think "two-ply" means the paprer's composed of two sheets. Or something like that.

BTW, Katy, I tend to watch movies here a lot more than you do, so believe me, you're being way more productive than me and my friends!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Men of Honor.

2/08/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

You're both right. 2-ply toilet paper has two sheets stuck together. And that makes it twice as good. You also have to use half as much to avoid... yeah, ok. I miss my not-so-crappy toilet paper!

2/09/2005 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home