Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Gee Brain, whaddaya want to do tonight?

Same thing we do every night, Pinky: Try to take over the world.

Speaking of taking over the world... Has anyone ever called Microsoft the "Evil Empire?"

I do. All the time. You bet I do!

I run Firefox and Navigator. Every day, I encounter yet another website that is only compatible with Internet Explorer. Most audio files online open through Windows Media Player, and many online games are only compatible with Internet Explorer.

This means I cannot play my favorite game: Zuma. It is most addicting! I can't buy books online, or even register for classes, since my school prefers Internet Explorer. I can't view the PowerPoint slides my professor has posted on his online syllabus. And I NEVER, EVER get pop up ads. What a price to pay. To me, it doesn't seem fair. The good ole WWW should be accessible to anyone and everyone through any and every browser or program available.

So now, I will go do my homework, since I cannot distract myself with addicting internet games or listen to online radio.

Spanish Phrase of the day: "Seguro canguro"

Literally, it means "Surely Kangaroo!" However, it translates as Okidokee Smokey, or something along those lines.

3 Squibs:

Blogger Paul said...

Psst. Katy. I'm using Firefox, too, and everything works fine for me. Ever try intalling those nifty Firefox plugins available at the Mozilla website? Try it :p

Oh, and as far as PowerPoint goes, go to http://www.openoffice.org and download OpenOffice. Not only can it read .ppt stuff, but .doc (Word) documents, too. It can also save in .ppt and .doc. Nifty, meh?

10/25/2004 5:16 PM  
Blogger Fun Sized said...

Hey Katy! Didn't know you had a blog, but now that I do, I will be reading it from time to time. I'm reading Paul's too...gotta keep up with that Kansas gossip you know. Later.

10/26/2004 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeepling, I think you are making up these Spanish phrases! Thanks for the laughs. BTW, are you Pinky or the Brain?

10/28/2004 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home