Friday, October 15, 2004

War: Its official!

My roommate and I have declared all out war on each other! Don't worry, Mom and Dad, we're doing it in a very friendly way. We had a conference about it last night, and everything!

I am from Colorado, and she is from Minnesota. Colorado is home to a rather temperate climate, and Minnesota has four seasons or climatic zones: Hot, Very Hot, Cold, And VERY VERY Cold. This week features "Cold" as Mother Nature's preferred means of torture. For me, this is sweatshirt weather. Everyone else is digging their winter coats out from the trunk of their cars. My roommate especially, like my Grandma, is ALWAYS cold.

Easily stated, my roommate can't sleep unless our room is about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I prefer a sleeping atmosphere of about 65 degrees. I have a fluffy down quilt. I might as well be using it. After all, my mom bought it for me after I told her I'd be spending the next four winters of my life in Minnesota. And so, each time I walk in the room, I open the window and turn the fan on. When I leave, my roommate immediately turns off the fan, shuts the window, and closes the drapes. Since the heaters are always on in our building, the room heats up rapidly. As soon as I get back, the drapes go back, the window is opened, and the fan is on again.

There is no snow on the ground yet. It is still the middle of the month of October. This is gonna be a long winter!

1 Squibs:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow sounds fun maybe you should offer her your down quilt thing or mom can make her an afgan for christmas

10/20/2004 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home